Make your garden look fancier and more colorful with this eye-catching wind chimes. They are rather easy to be done, everyone has that type of materials in their home and apart from a very beautiful tickling sound, they shimmer nicely in the sun.
Things to use:
- 3 – 4 soda pop cans
- Clear thread and needles
- Metal washers
- Butterfly punch
- Hole punch
- Single hole punch
- Permanent marker
Things to do:
- Collect different colored pop cans. Let them dry well and choose them a colorful as possible so that your small butterflies are colorful. You need about 3 – 4 cans. Take the scissors and cut both the top and button of the can. Make sure to bend the ends afterwards, so that you do not cut yourself.
- Make sure the inside of the can is dried before you begin.
- Now it is time to start forming your butterflies. Take the butterflies punch and form the shapes on the can. You will need two shapes for each butterfly. Then take the hole punch – so that you can make a hole in each of the butterfly shape you just created.
- Clear thread is used to tie the butterflies one to another without being seen. It will be like they are flying. If you have trouble in putting this thread through the hole needle, just take the marker and color the top of the thread.
- You will need two needles, as it is better to have one at each end of the thread. After you put the needles to your thread make sure you knot them so that they will bot slip.
- The next step is adding the butterflies to the thread. Make sure you put them with the printed part outward. Hold the two butterfly patterns and pass the needle through the hole in the center. Tie two knots to hold them well together.
- Add the washers just like above. Try and make the spaces between them be as equal as possible.
- Make one strand longer than the others and make it the centered one. After making all the strings you want to make just bend the wings outwards and add dimension to your butterfly.
- To tie the strings together, just criss cross them in a star shape and tie them in the center. The longest should be in the center and the shortest at each end. Now take another bit of clear thread and pass it through the string around the center to be easy to hang.
It is time for you to can enjoy the beautiful sound of twinkling wind.