What is this all about? It is about a magic piece of paper. With it you can create your own personalized applications for whichever use you can think of. It is known as magic decal coating paper and even though it is a rather new product on the crafts market, some people already know about it. Anyhow, if you do not know or if you know and do not know exactly how to get the most out of it, this article will help you for sure.
Things to use:
- Desired image for transfer
- Printer (make sure you have the right printer for your paper of choice, or better say choose the paper on what printer you have available)
- Decal paper (blue watermark on back)
- Magic paper
- Laminator (most probably find it in your office)
- Soft cloth
- Product to embellish (for eg. soft jars, homemade chocolate …)
- Microwave or hair dryer
Things to do:
- To have your desired image to transfer, you must decide where you want to place your decals. You can design your image in Photoshop, in Corel or even in Word – and in some other software. Depending on how big the decal will be and what degree of quality you need.
- Put the decal paper in the printer and print the image you want to use on the glossy side of the decal paper. Now let it just stay and get dried for a few moments.
- Now take the magic paper and separate the translucent part of it from it. Make sure not to throw it away.
- The magic paper now needs to be put with its glossy side up on the table and then take the decal paper. Put the decal paper with the printed side on the top of the magic paper. Now take the translucent protective paper gloss side down and put it on top of the decal paper.
- Set the laminator at low temperature and low speed. Now take the stack of three papers and pass them through the laminator.
- While the translucent paper will not be fused together with the others, the decal and the magic ones should be. Discard the translucent one and then cut all around the picture.
- Take a cloth and wet it well. Then put it on the decal paper and dampen it till it becomes translucent. Make sure to dampen it on the watermarked side. Take 15 seconds more and then gently remove the watermarked decal paper from the picture.
- What is left from the decal paper, put it in a dish of water to make sure it gets damp on the other side as well. Then take it and put it on the item you want it to stick, face side down making sure it is smooth. Use your fingers for a better and smoother finish. Take a cloth and dampen all the excess water.
- Now it is time for some hand jobs. Gently remove the decal paper and then position the image in its final point.
- As you also need to set it for good on the item, use the microwave or the hairdryer or the electric oven to make sure it stays. You can sue them as following
- Heat the electric oven at 150 degrees Celsius and bake it for 8 minutes.
- Set the microwave at a low temperature and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Take the hairdryer, set it at a low temperature as well and blow for 5 – 10 minutes.
You need to take good care of these jars if you want to wash them in the dishwasher. Even though the image is well positioned and stuck, you do not want to take any chances and ruin your work.