Do you fancy hiding the messy cables or router you have around the house? If this is the one things that makes your house look less beautiful, then you have to do something about it.
Things to use:
- old books covers – some may be thinner, some thicker
- wood box
Things to do:
- Get a knife and start by cutting all the pages from the books, leaving only the nice hard cover. Use books that you no longer read, unused books, or an extra copy. Utilize as many books needed to cover the area you need to hide.
2. Gather the book ends and start making your spine. Take each book and cut the front and the end cover. Make sure that you leave a little space to use for glue, on each side of the spine, as they need to be glued with the rest of the spines.
3. Do this with all the books you have apart from the ones that you want to use as a front cover and as a back cover.
4. This is the next step when you actually create the front and the end cover. When you cut the spine, leave the crate wither at the front or at the end cover. Then just fold and glue to hide it.
5. Take the glue, form the book line that you want, and start gluing them to the wooden box gently. Check if all have the same height.
6. If they aren’t the same height, cut them until they give the look and feel you want.
Enjoy the book shelve that you just created.