It’s a moon in your shirt! No sewing is needed and you can get a lace-insert moon in your shirt. This is a great DIY to update/upcycle an old shirt. So let’s make it.
What you will need:
- t-shirt (or piece of clothing – preferable a shirt or jacket)
- lace – we used black but use any color you like – from the fabric store
- stitch witchery
- printed picture of a crescent moon or any shape you want to insert
How to do it:
1. turn the shirt inside out and spot the remove picture or pattern of your shape on your shirt where you need the supplement – **remember which course you need the shape confronting when your shirt is turned right side out once more.
2. follow the shape utilizing your pen
3. remove the shape
4. put the lace over the moon- determine the moon is totally secured – we simply reduced a rectangle of lace – no compelling reason to make it the exact shape since its inside of the shirt.
**you need some cover of the lace to follow with fix tape.
5. utilize the stitch witchery (stitch tape) to connect the lace per the iron settings on the fasten witchery bundle –
**sometimes setting a clammy cloth between the iron and the lace/tape makes it easier.
6. iron on the join witchery on each of the 4 corners of the trim and verify there are no wrinkles or crevices
7. wear it and feel like you are in the moon!
*DIY source: www.mrkate.com
*Photo credit: www.mrkate.com