- scrap fabric (100% cotton works best)
- fold over elastic
- sewing machine
1. Using template, cut 2 headband pieces. Fold fabric and place wide end of template on fold. You can print the template here. The headband pieces are 12 inches in length. The oval shape headband is 1.25 inches on the ends and 2.5 inches in the middle. Cut a 10 inch piece of fold over elastic.
2. Place the right sides of the fabric together. Fold down 1/4 inch and iron one end of headband. Slid in the FOE between the fabric pieces. Pin the pieces together.
3. Starting at the end of the headband with the FOE sticking out, sew that end and the two long sides. Leave the other end of headband open. Leave a half inch on each side of 2 long sides on the open end.
4. Next, pull the the inside out by pulling the inner fabric through the open end of headband.
5. Iron the headband flat. Iron in a quarter inch on the open end of the headband.
7. Topstitch all the way around the headband to give a clean look. Make sure to back stitch on the ends to ensure the elastic is secure.