Cardboard organizational slots
You can never have enough shoes. But at the same time these so many shoes seem never to be organized and just stay in a corner or worse, all over the house and tis is way far from being an organized house. Let me share an idea that is both inexpensive and that will make your shoes “store” more organized.
Things to use:
- Cardboard boxes (all the shoes and other stuff boxes you can find around the house or garage)
- Knife or cutter
Things to do:
- Gather the boxes you want to use and make sure they are the same size. Take the knife or the cutter and start opening the part where they are glued with scotch. This should be one of the lateral sides, as the front and the back needs to be bend inside.
- Now that you have opened the boxes at one side, take each of them and bend the other sides inside. Each part should form a triangle. This will help with putting each box into another, like a wagon.
- To give it a professional look start taking out all the staples that can be seen. Make this after all boxes are arranged and in place. Make sure you are not in a hurry at this phase and are very careful, in not ruining what you did so far. Prepare all the box one into another and make sure that they are well aligned. You need to form in front a pocket idea. This will be the place where you will put the shoes.
- Turn them one side and take the screwdriver and arrange the little holes that the staples left.
- After this you can close the project by taking the scissors and the scotch and form the actual cardboard slot. Scotch them one to another so that each pocket will resist a pair of shoes.