While you may find an orange or two in your Christmas stocking, here the fruit really gets a chance to shine.
What you’ll need
- 3 medium oranges
- muffin tin
- 1 cup soy wax flakes
- pouring container or heatproof measuring cup with spout
- 6 (3-inch-tall) prewaxed wire wicks with clips
How to make it
1. Cut the oranges down the middle and evacuate the tissue as you might a grapefruit’s, scratching down to the skin. Rest the oranges hollow side up in the muffin tin.
2. Melt the wax in the pouring container in the heatproof measuring in the microwave according to the package directions. Pour the wax into the oranges, filling them to 1/4 inch from the top. Embed the wicks and let the wax cool, about 40 minutes. Trim the wicks so they expand 1/4 inch.
3. Place the candles in an large bowl loaded with water and light them. They’re best used inside a week, while the peels are still fresh.