We all have a husband, a boyfriend, a father, a brother, a grandfather that have a lot of suits. Anyhow, there are some suits they no longer wear – of course because we said so and because they are no longer fashionable. What happens to those suits?
Well, unless we just give them to someone else that has none, we just leave them there and eventually after being too old from all points of view we throw them away. Thinking of the fact that other people lack some things and we have, we can reuse the suit, instead of throwing it away. Making a cute bag out of it is a good usage it can have.
Things to use:
- Bag pattern
- Sewing machine
- Transparent paper
Things to do:
- First you should check the material of the suit. It is best to use a wool suit or coat, let’s better put it, as it has a different consistency and it is far more quality like than in any other case. However, that depends on the time of the year you use that bag in.
- Next you must look to see which part of the coat you would use for different parts of your bag and what is usable for this project and what can be saved and put aside for another project. Basically, you should dissect the entire coat, including the lining and see what you are left with.
- Draw your pattern on a semi-transparent paper and then you are free to form your bag.
- It is easy to use as many pins as you need at this point. They will help you choose the part you will need and not cut and throw.
- For the sides of the bag you can easily use the sleeves with all the buttons, and this will give a nice look to the bag. While for the front of the bag you can choose using the pocket side and have a pocket on the bag. It will prove useful in time.
- Do not forget that each bag has a padding as well. Therefore, take that coat with all its lining and use it for your bag.
You can use it or give it as a gift. It will most surely be appreciated. All we have to have is little ingenuity, a little creativity, a little respect for clothes and for the environment.