Sometimes, even if it is not the cold weather season, your shoulders need some relaxing tips. Staying at the office for at least 8 hours may also prove to be challenging for your shoulders.
Therefore, let us see what you can do to improve the pain you feel and the aches. Some heating pads could prove to be useful in these cases. However, using something natural as the rice, is a plus and a good addition to your shoulders good health.
Things to use:
- 8 stripes of fabric
- 1 back stripe
- 4 cups of rice
- a sewing machine
- an iron
- lavender oil
Things to do:
- If the strips come in sifferent patterns and colors, take them and arrange them in such a manner that you like whet the end result looks like.
- After having decided how to combine them together, just start sewing each piece together so that it will form a bigger piece. Make sure they are the same size, length and width.
- After having sown them, make sure all the seams are in the same direction. For this, take an iron, heat it and iron them.
- Lay it together with the backing strip so that you can visualize how it will look like. This is teh moment when you can cut the back strip. It should not be cut until the front strip is ready.
- Take the rectangle and stitch around it in a rectangular shape, leaving one side of each stripe opened. This will be used for the rice 🙂
- Turn it side out and press well. Make sure the seam allowances are as well pressed well, so that they will open to the inside.
- Prepare the rice for each little part. Add a bit of lavender oil to add to it a nice smell. You have to pour it through the part you left opened and then make sure it gets to the bottom of each side. Now is the part when you make the second sew, where there is none. Sew so that the rice will not get in the way.
- Make sure that you ahve some pins near you, as when you get to the last compartment, you will want your rice to stay there until youw sew the stitch. Pour fewer rice than in the previous comprtments and stich it well with the pins.
- Sew and close the left part. Make sure a proper quantity of rice remained there.
Enjoy the final result. You can use it both for warming yourself, in the microwave as well as for bruises and use it cold, in the freezer.