What you’ll need
- Cardinal or dove template
- 2 (7-inch) squares of red or white felt
- Fabric glue
- 12 inches of clear fishing line
- Fake holly sprig (available at craft stores), cut into a 2-inch length
- 2 small black beads or a permanent marker
How to make it
- Print out this Flying Bird model. Cut two matching bird shapes from the felt squares. Apply a thin amount of fabric glue to the body of one of the cutouts, avoiding the wing, as indicated. Tie up the end of the angling line to make a loop. Lay the knot on the figure as indicated and gently press the second cutout onto the to first, sandwiching the finishing line.
- When the glue is dry (about 15 minutes), use scissors to poke a minor gap or gap in the beak no less than 1/2 inch from the tip. Push a holly sprig through the opening. Join bead eyes with fabric glue or draw them on with a permanent indelible marker.