11. This seems ambitious…
12. …but this is doable: Put a turntable in your fridge.
13. Clean and reorganize your freezer.
14. Then make your freezer work harder.
Bon Appetit editor Carla Lalli Music tries to have these items in her freezer (pictured above) at all times: frozen peas, edamame, ground turkey, burger patties, chicken cutlets, ravioli, homemade soup, and homemade meatballs in sauce. “Each night I take a look at my freezer and transfer an item into the refrigerator to thaw for the next day,” she says. “Keeping the freezer in rotation means I always have a green vegetable on hand and don’t have to worry about meat spoiling in the fridge during the week.” Get more smart tips in Lalli Music’s post The Working Mom’s Top 5 Tips for Making Dinner Happen.
15. Clean your dishwasher with lemonade Kool-Aid.
The citric acid helps wipe out stains and clean lime deposits. Make sure you run it empty.
16. Steam-clean your microwave with water and lemon.
Microwave some water with lemon juice for three minutes, then let it sit undisturbed for another five. This will loosen any sticky mess inside the microwave, which you can then wipe off with a wet sponge and dishwashing liquid, then rinse.
17. Use a small pastry brush to get crumbs out of the toaster, then clean the tray.
18. Run a drop of soap and water through your blender to clean it.
20. Run 1 part vinegar + 1 part water through a brew cycle in your coffeemaker.
Then run just water through the cycle twice or until the vinegar smell goes away.
***DIY source: www.buzzfeed.com